Friday, October 12, 2007

Our 9th Anniversary

Well we have survived one more year of marriage to one another. I have to say, this year we had a very laid back day. Karl had school all day and he had to close at work . Kelten had Piano lessons so we only saw Karl for 5 minuets before he left for work. And that is because he wanted to at least say "Hi" before disappearing into pizza land. Then out the door he went. I even had to leave his gift at work for him because I thought he would be gone by the time we got home. No fuss no muss. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not but, I can tell you we have done worse! One year my sister called two days after our anniversary to apologize for not calling to wish us a good one and I was like what day is it? Our anniversary had come and gone with neither of us even noticing! So, we just had an improv family movie night and called it good. We were just so grateful the other had forgotten also! Another year our babysitter canceled at the last min. so we got KFC and watched the Presidential Debates and let the kids go crazy. It was our gift to ourselves that year No parenting for one hour. It really stunk as far as gifts go but hey beggars can't be choosers right. I had a really bad Flu one year and Karl had strep another year. The way I look at it is this, we can only go uphill and each year has a very real possibility of outdoing the last in more ways then one. All in all I am completely thrilled we have lasted this long. We have a very unique relationship in that we both have very strong personalities and instead of tearing us apart it has actually been one of the strongest glues working in our favor. When they say Marriage isn't easy I say hallelujah! But seriously, I feel so blessed to have a husband who loves me for who I am and who will do anything to make our family better in any way he can (even if that means working 4 jobs while going to school full time!). He is an amazing Father I couldn't have ordered one better. As far as husbands go he is everything this girl could ever ask for strong when I need him to be , gentle when I need him to be and there all the time. Each year we get better and better together (kinda of like cheese) My guess is before we know it we will have 50 years under our belts and we will be one very happy albeit stinky couple.

No comments: