Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nasty little bugger

Today has been a rough day. We kept all the kids home from school again. Kelten still has a fever and his cough is worse. Kippi is feeling better but she is so tired and that is just not her. Rieken is also feeling better but his cough is just hanging on for dear life and his nose is dripping non stop! I swear! I woke up feeling stuffy so, I'm thinking it just might be my turn yea! But hey I guess if one of us is sick we might as well all be sick. Karl is also still sick but college homework is something you really can't afford to fall behind in especially labs. Not to mention his jobs. We gotta eat. I have decided in order to preserve my sanity I will just think of this as close time spent together as a family. So close it seems like we all need to be in the ONE bathroom at the same time. On the bright side everyone is super clean because of the 10 million showers being taken to get warm during the I'm freezing part of this nasty little bugger. On the down side our water bill is going to suck as is our electric because either the dryer is going to warm up clothes, towels and blankets or we are washing sweaty sheets and clothes from the I'm so hot end of this bugger. Oh the joys of small houses and sick people rolled into one:) I did wash down the kid’s room w/ Lysol yesterday. Call me paranoid but when my family gets sick they puke everywhere. I am hoping to avoid that particular treasure this time by being ultra germ free and Vitamin full. We shall see how it comes down or out in our case (EW Niki!). Well that is it for today I officially have a monster headache (but so far that and a stuffy nose is it.Maybe I'm overreacting?.) and Kelten's Pine wood derby weigh in is tonight and the thing is still not done! Although we are sick and have kept the kids home we do recognize the important things in life and the Pine wood Derby is one of those things. So Karl is taking the car in for it's weigh in and we are praying Kelten can kick some bug butt by tomorrow. I will keep you all updated. Hopefully I will have some fun picks of the Derby to post otherwise I will have some crappy picks of sick kids at the doctors! Until next time...

6 comments:

Kevin & Carrie Poledna Family said...

Poor Niki! Well, on the positive side, I don't think the littlest Rimmasch is sick--he's just hanging out in the pool with his built in straw, kicking back and enjoying the ride! :) I have just ONE sick kid and that is enough to drive me insane! She is on the upswing but the mood swings are still bad! You crack me up though, Miss Random--was that random enough for you? C

Tharker said...

I'm sorry that you're all still sick. Here's to hoping there's no puke!

owona said...

Hope everyone gets better before the weekend so we can all party again!! Love ya!

D.C. Confidential said...

I know how you all feel. I starting getting sick last week and I'm still feeling crappy. The worst part is, with all the bone-jarring coughing, I've managed to aggravate my lower back, which was just feeling better after a fall down the stairs in December.

I hate being sick!

Hope you all are feeling better very, very soon.

D.C. Confidential said...

Oh bugger. That should have said "I started feeling sick..." Damn sickness! Screws up my grammar.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Janet,
at least you can blame your illness. I just suck at it in general! By the way, you're right being sick sucks no matter what! I really hope you get well soon.