Friday, January 25, 2008

I can't take much more...

Rieken woke up this morning barking. Literally he sounded AWFUL! I gave him his cough meds right away. He didn't miss a dose... I woke all the kids up in the wee hours of the morning and made them take meds. Aren't I just a gem of a mom:) And he didn't cough all night in fact not at all really until he woke up. It just keeps getting worse and worse. So I popped him in the shower to loosen things up and noticed his eyeballs are RED. We just got over pink eye so I don't think it's that besides it looks different. These eyeballs are not pink they are RED! (He kind of looks Like a DEVIL baby. w/ the exception of his smile.) So I am sitting here waiting to talk to the nurse and see if I should bring him in...Okay so according to the nurse who conferred w/ the DR. he probably doesn't have pink eye (THANK YOU) but, it sounds like he may have burst some blood vessels coughing so hard. (POOR GUY) The Dr. said his cough sounds worse because he is working all the junk out and to just keep giving him his medicine and if it gets worse take him to the ER over the weekend... STINK! I wish he could just give me an antibiotic now just in case. I don't want to sit in the ER on the weekend probably in the middle of the night. YUCK! But whatever as we established yesterday I am no Doctor. So for now we hang tight and hope no one else has any new symptoms pop up.

4 comments:

Kevin & Carrie Poledna Family said...

Well, I am a bad mom too then because my little squirt had the worst ear infection diagnosis yet and I had NO clue either. What can you do? You're not a mind reader or a microbe checking them from the inside out!! Like they'll really remember later anyhow--even Kelten! Do you remember tons about being 8? See. Anyhow, only a few other people looked at my blog--Mom and Marcy and I think one other friend once. Family must not like to leave comments or something. So, it's just you. My only Blog Love. I've re-invited a few people and no one cares. However, I do harass them all weekly with email so maybe they don't want to harass themselves, so to speak, with my blog? Hmmm... Anyhow, I like the comments so don't stop because I read and enjoy them! :) CMP

owona said...

All I can say is THANK YOU for being you because I'm not sure anybody else would be standing in line at this particular time to endure the wonderful world of sickness that is your life. Sorry :( Hope everyone feels better soon! Love ya! Love, Tooty

Tharker said...

Seriously! It's got to get better...it can't get any worse right?

Yes as soon as they are all well, definitely give me a call. You need to get OUT of your house!

Ms. Kristen said...

We all have done the night time throw your kid into the shower thing right? Poor kid! That is the worst feeling to be awoken by a sick kid...then you can't get to sleep...cause your worried about the little one! Hope all works out! And I mean the green yuck too! Get all that crap out of the Rimmasch house! Hope all is better soon!