Friday, February 15, 2008

Opposites

Kippi ready for the day and happy as can be:) In fact she had already gotten her school clothes all dirty... What kid can do that before school even starts?
Rieken not happy about having to get out of bed:( He actually wore his jammies to town while we dropped Kippi off at school... ( he went to bed with dirty jammies because he was up late playing in them)
Kelten trying to stay occupied until he can finally leave for school!



Today I was just marveling at how very different each of my kids are! Kippi is such a morning person. Up by 6 am (at the latest) she is dressed, ready to go has her bed made and usually digs something out to eat too:) Early to bed early to rise sort of thing and Very self sufficient. Rieken is the exact opposite! He is a night owl and he will sleep as long as I will and longer some days (Nice for me). Getting him to change out of jammies is challenging some times. He won't get dressed unless he gets help (he can do it by himself he just won't right now) and he usually doesn’t go foraging for food he waits to be served. He is a huge mamma’s boy! Kelten on the other hand, will stay up SUPER late if you let him and he gets up early no matter what time he goes to bed. He makes his own food but won't get dressed unless he has to. He is also self sufficient but he isn't super motivated. He loves to go to school so I never have to make sure he is ready and on time. In fact I am usually telling him he has to wait another 10-15 min before he can leave but, on weekends I can hardly get him out the door. These are just a few of the ways they differ. I'm just stumped at how we have managed to create such unique individuals doing basically the same thing each time??? Makes me wonder what’s in store for us next.

8 comments:

owona said...

I love each of their personalities...they're all so unique and wonderful! You have a beautiful family, and I'm glad to be a part of it! Can't wait to see you on Sunday! Love you, love Tooty

Suezan Rimmasch said...

They are all fun kids. I'm glad they like to go to school. Hope you all had a nice valentines day. i hope to mail a box to you in the morning. Finally got the new jammies done for Kelten. Later
Oma

Ms. Kristen said...

So True! Each of my kiddos are unique! I love Kippi! She is going to go along way! Cute lil thing!

Ms. Kristen said...

Hey....I just tagged you! Look at my blog to understand!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Janet,
Sorry this took so long to post to you! He saw it on Friday but we just didn't have time to comment.It has beena crazy busy weekend. He posted this on your site but I'm not sure if you will see it. So, I thought I would put it here for you just to make sure you gt it:)Thanks so much it really made his day!

Janet,
Thanks a lot! I really like the bobble head:) My dad has a dashboard Yoda that says cool stuff but he isn't a bobble head. Maybe he can get the Darth Vader next time. I think your picture is super cool. I thought it lit up by itself. That laser pointer trick is awesome! Thanks, Kelten

Lindsay said...

Isn't funny how kids all have their own unique personalities! Carson is the same way as Kelten. He is always ready for school by 8 and I'm always telling him he's got like 20 more minutes before we have to go!

PRP said...

That's the beauty in having more than one child. They are all so unique and special and it makes life so much more fun!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Lindsay,
Sounds like Carson and Kelten would be pals if we lived on that side of the planet:)School out here starts @ 7:50 and he leaves BY 7:30 or he freaks! I would go nuts if I had to hold him off until 8:20!!!

Karen,
Thank you for commenting! I love comments:)