Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Super Boy!... Or is it Super Sleepy Boy?

Last night Rieken was running around wearing his "cape" and his "flying underwear" just like superman. He was fighting the aliens and jumping over hot lava and so much more we mere humans would never understand. All of the sudden things got really quiet (never a good sign!) I went into the living room to check things out and this is what I see....

I guess being a Super Hero is terribly exhausting! He looked so uncomfortable but I had to get pictures before I moved him and then I had to make dinner so why chance waking him up. So, I did what any "normal" parent would do and I left him there. He didn't seem to mind because he slept for a good 45 min to an hour. Ahhh bliss I tell you. At least until he woke up and his legs were asleep (apparently sleep standing is not one of his super powers). Okay I know, Bad Mommy but, at least I got pictures:)

6 comments:

Suezan Rimmasch said...

I wish I could sleep like that again. Good job Rieken.
Oma

Tharker said...

He really sacked himself out! That is so cute.

Heather said...

Bad mommy?? I would have left him too.... :)

polka dots said...

At the end of the day, I could easily fall asleep like that. So cute!

owona said...

Haha...that's even cuter than when you were telling me about it on the phone! Rieky man is soooo cute! I can't wait until June to see if his super powers rub off on baby 'Masch. Love ya! Love, Tooty

D.C. Confidential said...

This is what I love about little kids and puppies. They go and go and go and go and go and then they don't. It's like a light switch: one nanosecond the light is on and the next it isn't!

I wish I could fall asleep like that. Somehow, though, I'm not sure it would be as cute. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would be nearly obscene...

Not only that, but if I fell asleep like that, I'd never walk upright again. Some days, I miss being a kid and not aching when I wake up in the morning...

Reiken: Enjoy it while you can!