Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lazy Day...

Today I should really be cleaning... I'm sure you saw my "to do" list from hell so you know what I'm talking about. Well instead here it is 12:30 in the afternoon and I have yet to get dressed. My house is a mess, I need to go to town and I really should do something productive...I did feed the kids and lay on the couch while they kept each other happy. Does that count as productive though? I really need to get in the shower shake of my laziness and get moving but... I just can't seem to do it. It’s wet out and icky. I really do love the rain but, I don't like it all day long! I'm seriously having one of those, don't open the blinds, lock the doors, turn out the lights, put on a movie, and cat nap days. I feel bad for my kids who I'm sure would love to go out and soak it up literally. But, then I would have sick kids and two more loads of laundry to add to my ever growing to do list. So, what do I do? I made snacks and put on Noggin instead. On the upside, I spoke with the previous owner of our house yesterday and he said both the rooms I was hoping for wood floors in still have them! YEA!! On the down side, he isn't sure they are worth the work to refinish. Well what if I paint them? WHAT do you think?...
Oh and as an update from yesterdays post. We have changed our minds and our going to go w/ the 13th of June for the C-Section because Karl has finals the 9th -12th. We would really like him to be able to enjoy the first week of his son's life and not just be stressed about mommy in the hospital a new baby and finals... That’s what we get for picking the dated w/o consulting the all important calendar!

9 comments:

owona said...

If I were you, I'd just hang out. Soon enough, you're going to add one more to the bunch, and lazy days will be few and far between. Take it easy - you deserve it.

On the other hand, finding a project to do is always gratifying. So, you could make a game out of. Put up your list and think of some rewards to get you motivated. I don't know...just an idea. Whenever I have a ton of things I want to do, it's just so overwhelming that I usually give up before I even start. But, if I ever do check something off my list, it feels great!

I think the 13th sounds like a great day! It's going to be a busy week, but I'm going to be there! I can't wait...it's fast approaching! What do you think of a baby shower? I've been thinking about it, so let me know what your thoughts are on the idea. Ok, gotta get back to work. Love ya! Have a great day, whether it's lazy or busy, just make sure to have a little fun and enjoy! Love, Tooty

Tharker said...

Okay, so June 13th, that sounds great!!!

A good lie in is sometimes just what the doctor ordered. Love it.

Christin said...

So you're having a c-section huh? Is this your first? If it is I'm so sorry. I had two c-sections with both sets of twins. They are not fun. By the way, I'm lucky to get a shower some days so you're doing good.

Christin

Washington Rimmasch Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Tiffany O,
Good idea

Tiffany H,
So true:)

Christin,
Yeah this is my third section. I actually really really prefer these to my 1st delivery it sucked! I have small pelvic disorder (who would a thunk it!) and all of our kids so far have been pretty big with honking shoulders (called shoulder dystocia) and barrel chests. Yowsa!! So, to me sections are heavenly ;)

Marilyn said...

I felt pretty lazy today as well. I watched an awesome movie. Did some laundry. That's it. Sometimes, I think it's okay to relax. At least, that's what I'm telling myself today.

I say, go ahead and paint the floors. I see pictures all the time of painted floors and I LOVE THEM. Be bold.

Jen said...

Every girl deserves a day off! I didn't realize you were having a son! I'm a fan of sons. :) So you'll have four. two of each or three boys?? I can't remember. Our youngest will be 3 June 15. :)

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Jen,
Yup this will make three boys and one girl. I have to admit I was a little sad because I really wanted to be able to use my girl stuff again before it goes out of style. And a little relieved because I'm not sure I'm ready for another girl just in case she is a Kippi clone. That’s how we do it ya know. So far at least. Rieken is like a carbon copy of Kelten so our theory is our next girl would be just like Kippi. Knowing my luck...(the only color hair I NEVER wanted my kids to have ...RED) I will get a little boy that looks like our other two and acts just like Kippi. Ah well I do love that red hair (now) and life just wouldn't be the same w/o our kipper-do...By the way I totally get the name thing. We call our kids by there’s and they each have about 5 others we use as well. I'm surprised they haven’t had an identity crisis yet.

Lauren said...

I'm with you on the c section thing, but I've never known anything different. :) I have days where I just to SHUT OUT THE WORLD, too! :)