Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring has sprung!

I am so excited. I have been wanting to plant grapes since we bought our house 2.5 years ago. I have had a really hard time finding vines that grow anything but wine grapes though. What I really wanted were the grapes you buy at the store Yummy!! Well in January as I was starting to become grumpy with the weather I decided to cheer myself up and do some EBay browsing :) I happen to come across the very vines I have been looking for. I was a little skeptical because you had to pay at the end of the auction but they weren’t shipped until spring. I really felt like for less then 20.00 I could maybe take that risk though. So I took the leap and just did it. I bought two grape vines and guess what? TODAY THEY ARRIVED!! So this weekend I will be planting my very own grapes in our very own yard... I am so ready for spring I even wore shorts today ...So here’s to a Happy Spring and a very Happy Easter .

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ya!! So fun! We always grow a garden, but in WY gardends can be difficult. :)

Jessica said...

Yummy! I have yet to do a garden! This is the year, of course that is what I have said the last two years, but THIS year is different right???

Jan said...

OH grapes. Yummers. That will be perfect for alot of things. Even fruit leathers. Umm..

owona said...

YAY YAY YAY!! I'm so glad they came...Can you wait for me to come so I can help plant them?? That would be so fun! Are you going to buy your planting pots now, too? I wish I had a garden. I think that is something I could really enjoy and get addicted to, but I guess I need a yard first, huh? Oh well! Someday! Love ya! Love, Tooty