Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's New...

I had my apt. w/ Dr. O today and guess what? I flunked my sugar test... No surprises there. I went in and made my apt w/ the diabetes learning center and I will have to start a new diet and check my sugars not three but four times a day OUCH! Wish my fingers luck ;) As of this moment I don't have to take any meds. I am crossing my soon to be callused fingers that I can control it with my diet. So far I have been really lucky and I have never had to go on meds but it gets worse and harder to control each time so here’s hoping.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news...
Karl and I are in charge of our family council for May. We are doing it on thirty meals for thirty days. It's all about making 30 meals in one day that you can freeze and store for those nights that you need them. When we where in 3rd ward a few years ago Sister Mackay did a wonderful Relief Society Enrichment Night on this. It is going to be fun and OH so worth it. The problem is this, I need a variety of freezable meals to offer my family as options by our April family council so I can get all the shopping lists done by May. I can't remember the ones Sister Mackay gave us or the name of the books she brought. I’m fairly certain a few of you may have been there that night and I was hoping you might remember? If not no worries. I am open to any suggestions in this area from anyone so bring it on

8 comments:

Jessica said...

You should just call Penny, she is super nice, they are in our ward, well not really anymore since Bro Mackay is the Bishop in the singles ward but I'm sure she would give you all the info.

owona said...

I'm sorry about having to check your sugars all the time - that's a big time bummer!! But, at least you only have a few weeks left, so maybe it will go by quickly!
I'm really excited about your fam council...all I can think of is chicken enchiladas and casseroles. I'm sure we'll figure it out, though.
I'm excited for this month's fam council, too. I'm trying to decide exactly how to approach it. I want to do a lesson and also talk about the research I've been doing for the fam. reunion. I just hope everyone can make it. I called Eden, but nobody was home. So I'll just have to try later.
In other news, I'm ready to go home and I've only been at work for 25 minutes. Can it be the weekend already??

Marilyn said...

That meal idea is awesome. I hate trying to figure out what to cook each night. This would help a lot. Good Luck!

Tharker said...

The meal idea is a great one. I've heard about this one a few times but I've never tried it because the thought of cooking 30 meals in one day sends me running for the hills. I know it would be worth it though. I should just try it sometime.

As for meal ideas...I don't really know.

I think it is really cool that you all get together for a monthly family council. What a great idea!

Ms. Kristen said...

I have a book! You need to remind me when you pick up Kippi on Monday and I will dig for it and let you borrow it! It is yummy meals!

Naomi said...

My finger's are wincing with flash backs and sympathizing with yours. Stick to your diet. Insulin shots blow.

I'm gonna have to do the freezer meal thing sometime. I think it's an awesome idea.

Aluguel de Computadores said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Islandalli said...

I remember the finger poking and insulin shots too. Yikes.Sorry!!!

When I was prego with Meg and on bed rest, friends threw me a bed rest babyshower. There were no gifts, but it was a work party. They made diabetic make ahead meals and put 40 meals in my freezer. That was the greatest act of service for me. I still have the recipes, if you want them, email me. Take care of yourself.
~Alli