Friday, May 16, 2008

TMI

So, I am on this diabetic diet. Really it's not all that bad considering I've lost 3.5 pounds in two weeks and the baby is almost 7 lbs and growing...Considering the fact that my only major craving is ice and that’s a free food I really have no problems. It's just that sometimes I find myself wanting something I can't have. So to be "good" I just find myself eating three of a "good" food instead of one "bad" food. I know this should really be stopped but if the proof is in the pudding I have to say a little weight loss to eat more food is not such a bad trade unless... It happens to be cheeses sticks. I love cheese sticks. But I know my limits especially when I am pregnant and already having bowel issues. Cheese is not a luxury I can really go all out on right now w/o some serious pay back from my body. Well I did. I ate four yes four cheese sticks. First off that is just an insane amount of food for a snack, second it would mess with any non-pregnant persons regularity let alone a pregnant persons, and third come on do I have no self control?! So what was my solution oh yeah this is good. I ate a whole lb. of strawberries to counteract the probable side effect the cheese would have. I wasn't hungry I'm not supposed to eat a ton of fruit and a whole pound? Really Niki was it necessary? Yes, yes it was. I spent the entire day in and out of the rest room but if I hadn't had those strawberries I can only image how many days vacation I would of had from that very room to only be in there a whole day anyhow! . My body could not make up its mind. I could just feel the internal struggle; strawberries or cheese, strawberries or cheese? I think I have learned my lesson. Next time I will stick to the ice. It tastes better there is zero guilt and there are no side effects.

7 comments:

tharker said...

You are absolutely hilarious!! I love that you thought to counteract the cheese with MASSIVE amounts of fruit. Hilarious, I tell ya!

Ms. Kristen said...

When I was shopping for a baby gift I was thinking....if only I could buy her an ice machine!

Jessica said...

The only time I can stand to chew ice is when I am prego, my doctor said it's beacause I am enimic (sp?) when I get prego, but only then weird huh?

Anyway this was a funny post, I was laughing too about counteracting the cheese with the strawberries, I probably wold have just paid the price.
Lunch sounds fun, which day works for you? I think probably Friday (tueday or thurday work too, but if we do a preschool day Friday is best for me).

Heather said...

It was so fun to see you today, hope you don't get a cheese craving anytime soon.

Kevin & Carrie Poledna Family said...

Well, you definitely keep it interesting. I love the cheese myself but I think I am still suffereing the effects of being a Lundberg and the gall bladder so it doesn't send me running for massive amounts of fruit! Ha! You are so close to being done though so hopefully the memory of this incident will be fresh enough to keep you off the cheese! Your hair is cute, by the way! I'm getting mine cut this week so I'll send pictures soon... C

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Jessica Friday is perfect! why don't we go to mc.dees right after pick up?..

Rosie said...

Love the hair!! Seriously love it!!

And Lady you can eat "fun" food for no other reason then you are the MOM!