Tuesday, June 3, 2008

only ten more days and I'm having a pity party:(

Here it is 10 days to go until the slicing and dicing begins and I am in the middle of a mess! What was I thinking? I went to storage and pulled out a ton of stuff ,went through it all and then I decided to clean out the toy room so everything in that room is now in the middle of my living room with all the storage stuff. I would post a picture but it's too humiliating or maybe I will and you will all see that I am not over exaggerating... Ah nesting how I love thee. I am starting to stress out a bit. Did I mention we all got the stomach flu? Yeah well I'm just grateful it hit this week and not next. It seems to be a 24 hour bug so if you’re going to have the flu this is the way to go. As far as my “To DO” list goes I may have to come to terms with the possibility that it might not get 100 % done. This really bugs me but I have no one to blame but myself. For some reason I am so far behind in preparing for this baby I can't help but wonder what the heck I have been doing for the past nine months! I have always been ready and waiting impatiently by like 5 months. This time I can feel the anxiety build with every tick of the clock. It just occurred to me this morning around 2 am that in order for all this work to get done I will have to do it myself. I have known for months that Karl is unavailable to help much. And yet for some odd reason I thought as the time got nearer he would be able to help more. In reality however it is just the opposite. I couldn't have planned a more stressful time to have this baby. Karl has finals next week and is therefore completely off limits as he has papers and projects and speeches due this week and finals to study for next week. Then to top it all off he got the flu so any free time he may have had he just went down the toilet literally. So, as of right now I have decided the best way to get through this is to gripe and moan and pray for the nausea and heartburn to subside. Things will turn a corner around ten tonight and I will get my second wind. The living room and toy room will be clean by morning and I will be able to check two things off my list and feel like I can get through this before any chopping and baby having is to take place. If it feels like I went off and haven’t been heard of in a while no worries that I’ve gone and done the sensible thing and gone into labor. Nope I will be at home digging myself out of the hole I call my life. Until next time have a happyday :)
1- Kippi Laoding the Truck with stuff we took to storage
2-A full truck load to storage just to be traded for an even fuller load to bring back and put in my LR for sorting and the like.
3&4-The living room with storage and toy room all blown up in it. This is of course after the kids got through "helping" go through the toys and bins. Yea me :)

Are ya feeling my pain yet?

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Lady, I think you are crazy.......but I love ya!:)

tharker said...

I know where you've been for the last nine months...feeling like crud and on bed rest for half of your pregnancy! You should not beat yourself up over not feeling prepared. You're doing your best and that is good enough!

As for that pile in the middle of your living room, you are more than welcome to call me and I would be happy to come help you sort it all out.

You are SO close!!!

PRP said...

Believe me, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Well, the physical pain at least. I got the baby's room done so I'm pretty much ready to go, but my husband has been able to help A TON. Don't feel bad. It will all get done in time.

Hang in there!

Arlene said...

I'm feeling your pain (thankfully not your pregnancy pain - literally).

It'll all be worth it! This too shall pass!

owona said...

Well, I know how stressed you are and I know it sucks to be in a mess. But, I also know you, and you always pull it together...even if it's at the last minute. I think you're an amazing mom and person whether you have stuff on your living room floor or not. I love ya! Love, Tooty