Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our busy crazy life

Kelten and Rieken Playing connect four from Oma
Tiernen just chillin in his bouncer
Baby T doing what he does best
Baby T two days old showing off his remarkable neck control:)

Kat and Karl putting together the changing table
Katl and Karl painting all the many peices of furniture on my to do list
Kat and Rieky painting molding
Karl and Rieky putting together a bookshelf
Kippi and Rieky playing in "the fort"


So, the Baby has been born. This means I am no longer pregnant and yet I still look it... Well I had to know so I got on the scale yesterday for my first weigh in post baby #4 and I was shocked and pleased. I have lost 21 lbs! Having a baby is seriously the best diet ever (at least this time)!!! So now when my kids (Rieken or Kippi ) ask why my tummy is still all puffy and want to know when the other baby in it is coming out Yes, I still want to cry but at least I know I am 21 lbs smaller then I was 13 days ago and It is only going Down from here. We have been super busy! Since the day I got home from the hospital we have been cleaning, putting furniture together , painting up a storm, playing games, making forts scout camp and just overall enjoying the sunshine! . I have to say I love me a c-section! I feel so good within about 3 or 4 days and 99.9% normal with in a week and I just can't complain. Baby T is doing great. He eats like a champ and sleeps like someone with Narcolepsy. What more can you ask for? I think to date he is our “best” baby or maybe we are just getting better at parenting. Kathy had to go home on Monday. We got so much done with her here it was insane! It's amazing how much can get done when your husband is home and you have an extra set of willing hands to help out. She was a godsend and it only took us about 5 min to miss her. Not much else to post about but, I will post finished pictures of all our fun projects within the next 2 weeks.

9 comments:

Heather said...

21 lbs??? That rocks! You guys have been so busy, but I'm sure it feels great to be so productive.

lindsay>boo said...

Okay Baby T has some serious neck control there! 21 lbs! Woo hoo!

tharker said...

Tiernen is a GORGEOUS baby Niki! I am loving those cheeks. I'm also so impressed with his neck control. What a stud!

21 lbs. is awesome!

Christin said...

wow 21 lbs is impressive. Are you nursing? That is my salvation weight wise. I never have to diet while I'm nursing. I was able to lose almost all my weight that way.

Christin

Jen said...

That baby is seriously adorable. i want to kiss his cheek! My kids thought there was another baby in there too, no worries you are not alone! it's so fun to look at your blog and see my old bud karl. :)

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

TO all, Thanks I think 21 lbs is pretty great too:) And I love baby T's cheeks. He really is a cute little guy isn't he? WHat mom dosn't think their kids are cute though?
Christin, Yup nursing and feeling like a milk cow but hey what do ya do!? I have never had the
nursing = weight loss lucky gene though. I nursed Rieken for 15 months and it did nothing for me weight wise but it sure made him a boob man( I know way too long!)This time who knows I am keeping my fingers crossed that somehow it is going to just melt away while I sit and feed my obviously starving (NOT) baby. Who knows? It could happen right?
Jen , I am so glad you/we can keep in touch this way I love it. Even though we have never "met" It feels nice to get to know some of Karl's friends from his previous life ya know?

Ms. Kristen said...

You are amazing! Who is Kath? I need her at my house?

I need to put my hands on that babe! Let's meet up at McD....soon! Oh, yeah, after girls camp!

Kevin & Carrie Poledna Family said...

Way to go! Sounds like the whole family is quite the Troop so quickly! Tiernen is DARLING--I wish I could cuddle him a little myself (especially since apparently my babies don't do that...)! And I hope the weight just keeps melting off--maybe #4 is your lucky charm that changes everything! Sounds like you're doing good and are all in good spirits--yeah for you and congrats again! Love, Carrie

* Mike and Jaime Sydnes * said...

Nik - Baby T is sooooo handsome! I'm excited to see all the little projects coming together, big kudos to Kathy for all of her help and of course Karl (Way to go!)too. I miss you tons and can't wait to see the family - hopefully soon!!

Love you,
Jaime XXOO