Saturday, July 5, 2008

One Month old!

Today Tiernen turns One Month OLD! I can't even believe it. Time really does fly when you’re having fun or not pregnant. I feel bad but I have no pictures to post today. We are at my Brothers place enjoying the cool air but I will post some tommorrow. He has gotten so big. It seems just like yesterday that we had him... then we came home with him and the next thing you know his cord is falling off (a sure sign time is moving forward) then, he got a sprinkling of baby acne something our other kids managed to skip out on. Of course they didn't have three older siblings with their hands clean or not all over them. He is starting to smile and coo, stay awake for longer periods, and over all become an "active" member of the family. One of his biggest accomplishments (and really one of his first) he figured out when he cries people come a running :) When I say people I mean Mom or dad to save him from his three siblings who think they can haul him around in out and everywhere. His hair looks like it may end up being curly and it has lightened just a titch but it's still very dark. For the first week or so I really thought finally a baby that looks like me but no it was just a trick of the eye. This kid looks just like Rieken with dark hair and we all know who Rieken takes after. Oddly enough this doesn’t bother me one bit. I am just so grateful to have a beautiful, happy, healthy baby. The experience of bringing our fourth child into our family has been such an amazing one. We feel so blessed. It almost makes me want to have another one right away! Ok I said almost so quit looking like that :)

1 comment:

owona said...

Wow! I can't believe a while month has gone by!! I just love Tiernen and think he's the perfect little addition to your family. It has already been so fun to watch and hear about how the rest of the kids interact with him--so cute! I can't wait for your next one! It makes me very excited for baby Owona, too. The bigger Tiernen gets, the closer we get to bringing home his new cousin! I can't wait, and I think it's so cool that they're only going to be six months apart. I hope they're best buddies! Anyway, keep growing Tiernen! We love every minute of it...and we love YOU very much! Love, Tooty (and Berny)