Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To Be or not To Be...

Warning brag session ahead!
When Karl and I decided to get married I will admit we didn't know all the ins and outs about each other. I knew I loved him and he was a great guy but other then that we were going on faith. Throughout our life together he has had to choose to be... or not to be in various situations for example.

On our wedding day he chose to be... himself

At the birth of all four of our kids he chose to be... the proud daddy At the hospital when times were rough he chose to be... by my side
With each of our kids he has chosen to be... A teacher in the kitchen and in quiet times
When sickness hits he chooses to be... my helper and the kid’s comforterWhen he has a few free moments he chooses to be...A parent who spends time to bond and play with his kidos. When he was working four jobs and going to school full time he chose to be... there when his little girl had an important event even though he was exhausted.When he had to work Christmas Eve he chose to be... a few minuets late to hold the angel in the sky for our traditional Nativity.

When work (school, house or job) needs to get done he chooses to be... A good example and do it.

When we go camping he chooses to be... the best marshmallow roaster around.

When family wants to take silly pictures he chooses to be... a good sport

He chooses to be... A worthy member and a great example to our children.


He chooses to be... In Love with me...

I am so blessed to have him by my side as a partner and a best friend. Thanks babe for everything you choose to be.
With love, Snot Nose Joe and the Beasties

10 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Awww, that was really sweet! I had to smile at all the kitchen pics...most of my college memories of Karl he was always in the kitchen. It seemed like he did his best teaching when there was food invloved. He was a great friend. To this day, I'm not sure why he seemed to take me under his wing and be my buddy...guess he knew I really needed one. I learned a lot from him. Good man you've got there! And what a cute family, too! I can't get over the red-hair on some of your kiddos...so cute.

Jessica said...

That was such a sweet post! Made me all teary eyed! I would say that he got a pretty good catch too!

owona said...

Wow, that was a really amazing post! It seriously made me cry. Karl really is a good man and a fabulous dad. It's easy to forget all the wonderful things he has done and continues to do for your family, just because he loves you all. So, thanks for the reminder. You all are very blessed to have him! And, we all love him! I'm glad you took the time to show him your appreciation...sometimes, when life is so chaotic and busy, it's easy to forget that we could all use a little love! :) Love, Tooty

Amy J. said...

I love all the thought you put into this...very creative. My favorite photo is the one of your hubby on the roof (sorry I don't know all of your kids names!)

I have to explain something kind of funny...today when I was in the middle of working on a post I accidentally hit control P instead of control I to put something in italics. It automatically posted to my blog even though it was a complete mess with typing errors and everything. I ended up having to delete that post and redo the entire thing, but not before you had commented. How did you even read that thing!? I think it ended mid sentence! Thanks for looking despite the mess! =)

Arlene said...

Way to go Karl - you are awesome. Niki - you are lucky to have him!

tharker said...

I'm totally fighting the tears over here Niki! What a beautiful tribute to your dear husband. You have such a beautiful family together!

lindsay>boo said...

Very sweet post. I loved seeing all the pictures too!

Rosie said...

What a great husband you have! That was so nice to read and learn alot about him.

You guys make a great couple and have beautiful kids:)

Jen said...

love that post. so cute. The karl I think of is the french speaking cooking guy who sat in a car with me and my boyfriend and said to us "June 12." We both just looked at him and said huh, again he said "june 12" . . . he was predicting our wedding day. :) He wasn't far off, it's May 23. I wonder if he remembers that. It was new years eve. You'll have to ask him for me.

Just wondering are you still reading my book? I just posted the last chapter. :)

Jodi said...

That was a great post!! So sweet. I love when couples are still in love and you can tell you two definately are! Wonderful tribute to your husband!