Sunday, August 17, 2008

take it or leave it.

We have been crazy busy between family in town for the blessing camping and the normal summer fun. I have fallen behind on my blogging and commenting... I have loads of pictures but no time to post them. My next post will be just pictures because I want to avoid the phone call from my mom asking why I haven't posted them yet. Until then Here are a few little moments of my life to get you through the rest of your weekend.


Rieken: Mom can I have a Jolly Rodger?
Me: You mean a Jolly Rancher?
Rieken:Yeah that's what I said a Jolly Rodger.

Me: Kip go change into dry pants so we can go to town.
Kippi: I only have my supremes (Capri's) left in my drawer so I'm never gonna be able to go because they aren't pants! ( Totally Dramatic)
Me: Capri's count just as long as they cover you up.
Kippi: Well why didn't you just say so!? (exasperated)


Kippi: Mom can I be done eating? (hardly touched her food)
Me: You need to eat five more bites of dinner.
Kippi: ( eating the very smallest five bites possible)
Me: those don't count because they were so small.
Kippi: Well you never said how big you just said five so take it or leave it.
Me: to slow to react before she cleared her plate.


Tonight we are doing this for dinner so no worries about a repeat performance from the dinner diva.

10 comments:

Mama Apes... said...

SMILING...I'm still smiling because I have some of the same kinds of isusse at my house...let me know when you find a book that tells us what to do! :0

tharker said...

Yep, those moments sound very familiar to me too!

I just love that Kippi's way of thinking. She really needs to go to Law School when she's big!

Amy J. said...

Too cute! You'll be so glad you have these recorded! So who did the "take it or leave it" come from? Mom, Dad or Grandma?

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

take it or leave it is one of those I'm never saying that to my kids like my parents did things that I have totally changed my mind about.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

April welcome! it's great to hear from you :)

Rosie said...

Take a break and post when you can.........even though I like to read updates:)

By the way BBQ sounds so good right now and I love that smell...hhhmmmmmm.

Ms. Kristen said...

I had a great time with your family today! Thanks!
I love Rieken....can't wait for more of him this year! He is hilarious!

emahaf said...

I love that you guys are into picnic wear, we have had a hard time switching back to regular plates, cups as well. Hey it saves on the cleanup right.

owona said...

Love it...your kids say the funniest things. Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love ya! :) Tooty

Lil' LeBaron Family said...

Hey, some Rimmasch's! My maiden name is Rimmasch and I come through Helmuth...Cami Rimmasch is my sister in law! Just thought I'd say hi!