Saturday, September 20, 2008

Favors...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Life has been INSANE! Lots of good along with plenty of bad. This month we celebrated Karl's 34th and Kelten's 9th Birthdays. I am feeling like a total slacker Wife and Mommy for not posting about them on their special days but I have been caught up in life, Love and change. I will take time next week to celebrate both of them with pictures and shout outs and post about Kippi's "new room".
But for now I have a favor to ask. Last week both my Grandpa and Grandma found out they have cancer. It’s looking pretty bad for both of them and our whole family has once again been set on it head with this news. You would think we would be used to hearing this in our family but it is still a shock. Grandpa is a spry 80ish man with White hair and easy attitude he works hard and loves hard. He is an orchardist who loves his work and is still out there ever year doing whatever needs to be done for his crops. Nanny is a young 60 something who is as strong as she is gentle. She stands by her man and helps him day in and out in the fields and behind the scenes within the home and family. They are such a great team and really amazing grandparents. They got the news within days of each other and really this shouldn't surprise me they seem to do everything else in life together too. I know some people may be thinking,"Well at least they have lived long good lives." But really should that make it any less of heartache to know your family is hurting and will have to fight for their lives? Nope, it doesn’t. So, I ask you this favor. Please pray for them. We as a family would really appreciate it. I have a strong faith in the healing power of prayer weather emotional or physical it helps in every way. Thank you and I will be back to my blog-o-diction here in the next little while. Until then, happy weekend.

13 comments:

tharker said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents diagnosis Niki. They sound like a wonderful, loving couple.

I will keep them and your family in my prayers.

Amy J. said...

You can count on it Niki! I am so sorry for your family.

Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear the bad news, we'll keep them in our prayers.

Islandalli said...

You said it way better than I did on my blog. Maybe I will post a link over here on my post. Big hugs to you and your little family.
loves, Cousin Alli
www.islandalli.blogspot.com

Arlene said...

What a heart break :( Sorry for the struggle you are facing. I ran into Aunt Lucy & Uncle Dick a couple of weeks ago. We were talking about that movie Bucket List. Aunt Lucy said there is only one thing on her bucket list (list of things to do in life before you die - if you didn't see the movie). Her one thing is "to die with my husband." Going together would be great - maybe there is a blessing in all of this? Be strong!

Rosie said...

I am so sorry about your Grandparents, it must be very hard, they willbe in my prayers. I am glad you posted though, I've missed ya!

owona said...

You know I am...are you going to try and go visit them soon? I was thinking about making a trip in the next couple of weeks...maybe we could go together?? Love ya.

Jessica said...

Niki, I am so sorry to hear this! They (and you) will be in my prayers.

Ms. Kristen said...

Your moms' parents? Hope all is well! You can count on me!

Lily LaRue said...

Nanny is responding amazingly to chemo and her doc is very optimistic. Grandpa started chemo last Friday. They are doing pretty good so far. Just wanted you to know your prayers are working.
Auntie

Mama Apes... said...

So sorry to hear of your news! It's always harder when it your own family and they have been in your lives for years! Wish you all the best!

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear about the news. I will pray for them also.

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net