Friday, September 4, 2009

It's been a Blistery kind of day

On the First day of School
Kippi Soup wore her brand new shoes.
Did she slow down when they started to pinch?
Nope.
Did she take them off and see what was causing all that discomfort?
Nope.
after a summer long hiatus she played hard on the Monkey bars.
Did she stop playing after the fist pinch?
Nope.
Did she stop playing on them recess after recess?
Nope.
When she got home she finally decided to check out her feet.
what did she have?
2 big ol' fat blisters that's what.
She also showed me her hands and what did she have 5 big ol' blisters and only one of those hadn't torn open yet
On day two of school
she woke up and was determined to wear yet another pair of brand new shoes w/o socks because they matched her outfit...
As her mother you may think it was my responsibility to MAKE her wear more sensible shoes.
As her mother I must respond, next time I'll call you and let you give that a shot.
On day two of school she was sure she couldn't get any more blisters so she figured what they hay?
When she got home from school she Finally checked her feet out and showed me her hands and what does she have?
Two nasty torn blisters that got even bigger and hands that look like hamburger.
On day Three of school
same thing
On day Four of school
My sweet Beautiful Kippi soup woke up and said,
"It feels like it's gonna be another blistery day but maybe I should wear my old tinnies just in case. "
Day 2 after school
Day 3 after school she even has blisters on her fingers

6 comments:

Amy J. said...

I love the Winnie the Pooh reference, "Blistery Day" how cute is that. I love that you are posting again too!!

owona said...

That's Kippi for ya...she's not going to let a few silly blisters stand in her way!! That's nothing to her...bring it on!! They'll calus up in no time, and she'll be good as new! I just think that she's hilarious!!! What other kid do you know that would endure that just to have matching shoes and a good time on the playground? I just love her! She's no sissy, that's for sure!!

Btw, I am really enjoying your posts...keep them coming!

owona said...

That's Kippi for ya...she's not going to let a few silly blisters stand in her way!! That's nothing to her...bring it on!! They'll calus up in no time, and she'll be good as new! I just think that she's hilarious!!! What other kid do you know that would endure that just to have matching shoes and a good time on the playground? I just love her! She's no sissy, that's for sure!!

Btw, I am really enjoying your posts...keep them coming!

owona said...

Sorry for the double post...I pushed the publish burton twice because it was being slow...and, well, I guess twice is just as nice! (sorry to fake you out into thinking you had 4 comments!)

tharker said...

Beauty over pain right? Sweet, silly girl!

21st Century Patriot said...

At least she is having fun and playing hard like kids her age should! Fashionably, no less! - Carrie