Monday, December 7, 2009

In the blink of an eye and a twinkle of time.

Today was one of those days when all of the sudden it was as if I felt time moving. I was sitting at the counter watching Kippi Laugh with her Daddy while learning how to use a star tip to decorate her very own birthday cake when it hit me. Seven years ago today we were blessed with a beautiful healthy baby girl. SEVEN YEARS! It seems like well, I won't say yesterday because frankly yesterday was traumatic enough to be fresh in the old noggin but it sure doesn't seem like it's possible for seven whole years to have literally flown by without my noticing. So that got me to thinking about what I have done with my life in the past seven years that I wouldn't have noticed... hmmm... well... Uh, I have had two more babies and moved 3 times. Not to mention all the day to day fun that no, I didn't take the time to stop and sniff just in case it smelled like roses and I really didn't journal about it either. Now one day when I am an empty Nester and have five minutes of "me" time I can't even sit back and laugh/cry at it then. SHEESH! So here I am back at my computer putting down the things that were good,bad and wonderful about today.

Today- Kippi turned 7. She had a Christmas themed party with a heart shaped cake with snowflakes on it that she and her Daddy made.
Today- Kippi's ears stopped hurting from getting pierced on Friday night (hooray!)
Today- Rieken smelled my neck and told me I smelled beautiful
Today- Kelten woke up and the tooth fairy had forgotten to come .. again.
Today- I sat in the rocking chair and spent a whole 40 min of peace with my baby boy just snuggling him , tracing the little bluish veins on his arms and face and watching him sleep.
-Today the wind blew so hard that when I took the garbage out, the door hit me in the butt on my way out.
Today- Karl rubbed my neck for no reason and didn't ask for anything in return.
Today- I left my peppermint tea in the microwave for 3 hours before I finally found it
Today- I was given a very generous and unexpected gift that I think will be amazing . (piano lessons)
Today -I told my lilttle sister I would call her back and forgot to .. again!
Today-I cleaned our bathroom for the first time in too long and now I want to lock the door so it stays that way.
Today- Aleah didn't have a single major issue with anything really.
Today- Caleb did... Markers ... everywhere
Today- Kelten was willing to give the tooth fairy one last shot before he gave up all together. Thank heavens for that!
Today- I am going to bed with a clean house and a happy family.
Today- I start fresh

3 comments:

owona said...

I can't believe it's been 7 years already...CRAZY!! It makes me feel VERY old. I love that you got her ears pierced! That's such an awesome present at a perfect age...the same age I was the first time I got my ears pierced! Sorry we missed the party, but I'm glad to hear it was fun...Happy Birthday Kippi!!
The rest of your post is cute, too, and I love your new pics and background! I need to change mine, too! Oh well, that will have to happen another day. I love all your tidbits about your day and the kids...you crack me up like nobody else. It hasn't been too long since our last visit, but I miss you guys TONS! Tell Kelten to hang in there...the tooth fairy will come soon enough! Love you guys!! :) Toot

21st Century Patriot said...

I am flabbergasted that it is 7 years because I have missed almost all of it with you being gone! My life has changed so much in that 7 years too--wow! I miss you and your little family so much! And they are getting so big! They change every time I look at your posts! Gracious! I hope BOTH you girls had great birthdays! Write about yours! Love you!

21st Century Patriot said...

That was me, Carrie, again... sorry...