Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's that time again...

Allergy season. Every year about this time Karl starts coughing, hacking, wheezing and puffing on his inhaler and doing breathing treatments on the nebulizer which we affectionately call his crack pipe. This year is a little different because he got sick at the end of January and all February it lingered by the time March came around he was in already weeks into a cycle of breathing treatments, inhalers and meds. So now we are in the middle of March and the man hasn't slept through the night in months. To top it all off he has asthma so it just makes it worse and harder to get ahead of his breathing. His body just isn't getting a break. So,this year I am taking a stand and making an appointment for him at the allergy and breathing clinic. He is going to be irritated at first because he has homework and a job and kids and blah blah blah! He isn't afraid of the doctor he just doesn't see the point in going when he can power through on his own. Well tough. Not only am I officially worried, I have gotten to the point that I can recognize him from isles away by his cough the clearing of his throat. Nice I know. So off I go to paruse the phone book so on Monday I can call around and see if someone can squeeze him in...Soon! Any recommendations?

No comments: