Thursday, September 16, 2010

From something old To something new...

I have been on a "project kick" lately. I recently acquired this 30 plus year old dresser from my SIL Eden. It had great lines and was in sturdy shape to begin with but it just wasn't my style with all its dark wood and bronze hardware not to mention it was showing it's age. I have to admit I am sick because I think I deleted my "before" pictures; who does that?! I can't find them anywhere but I decided to share the "after" shots anyhow because I know you can use your imaginations and because I can’t believe it turned out even more beautiful then I had anticipated. I love it when that happens. I sanded, primed and painted her then sanded the edges I wanted to leave raw to give it that old worn feel then I glazed her and finished her off with a clear coat of varnish and a few coats of silver for her hardware. It took me a week because of weather, life and unpacking but I got her done and I LOVE her! Please keep in mind I have a very limited space to take pics in so some of the angles are wonky but you can still see her in all her glory.


Without the mirror front view. Isn't she a beauty?
with the mirror from the side. I can't decide if I will keep it on becaue if I center it it will cover our window. It's growing on me off to the side though...

I painted all the hardware silver and I love the way it pops!

It's all in the Details... The sanded edges the glazing and the curves. Oh how I love it!

So tell me what do you think?

6 comments:

Paula said...

I love it! You should submit it to better after, and give me a lesson on that glazing stuff.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

whats better after?

John & Becky Lyn and Family said...

It looks fantastic, great job! I love the color.

owona said...

It looks like a slightly different shade of blue in person, and I LOVE it!! Great job - you're so creative and crafty - I wish I could do fun projects like that! Plus, it's crazy that you had time to do such a project with everything you have going on right now...you really are superwoman! Enjoy it! Love ya!

Kristin said...

I love it, Nik! I can't believe you did that yourself and it came out looking so professional! And I like the mirror off to the side, it gives it a modern feel for such a cool traditional piece. Put a vase or something off to the side to balance it out and it will look completely intentional! Love it!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Kristen long time my friend! How do I get on your site? I think you went private and I didn't know it sorry. THanks I really like it too.