Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bench Finished FINALLY!! And new Coat Rack!!

Before
After
So I started my bench re-vamp a while ago when the weather was still nice. I got tangled up in about 5 different projects and I lost steam.

Do you ever do that?
I am the QUEEN of great intentions but also a master at procrastination.
I have said it before and I will say it again, it’s a miracle anything ever gets finished by me because I have a ten track mind.
Well I am pleased to say I finished this beauty and although it took me Foreva I love how it turned out. Oh and BOnUs I also finished the coat rack I have been meaning to do since we moved back in the Little Yellow house in September.
I know right *sigh*
but now I have a great functional entry way and since I don't have a coat closet I have room for my people to hang their stuff so it doesn’t clutter the teeny tiny space left once everyone is inside the house:)


So here's the breakdown... (My Fav part)


BENCH
Bench *free had it for years (originally 25.00 on clearance)
paint * free had it all from previous projects
glaze* free also had from previous projects

Coat Rack
Old weathered fencing * 2.00 dollars
10.00 at a yard sale (thank you Jodi!) Oh and I still have about 8 full panels left, well 6 if you count that I gave 2 to my mom last year. So if you count what I paid per what I used it broke down to about 2 bucks per panel so that makes this project about 2 dolla my people.
hangers* 2.02 each for a total of 10.10

Total for my new entry way... $12.10

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

Seriously LOVE it!
What color is that paint?! It's so pretty.
I love how you used an old fence at the hooks. You smartie pants!
PS i got your $4 and is now with you SIL :)

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

love this! and...are you me? I do the procrastination thing with all projects.

owona said...

Yay! They turned out to be so cute! I love what you did with the fence/coat rack...you're so creative. I don't know why you got so lucky to get all the crafty genes, but I don't think it's fair! Love ya!

Melanie said...

I just wanted to say, I love it and will probably steal your idea :o)

Good Job!