Monday, February 28, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
Smokey and Bédryn carrying on the family tradition
Bédryn six weeks old
Bédryn and his star blankie... see he looks like a star in it:)
Today marks Bédryn's sixth week birthday. It seems to have flown by. Usually I get all weepy and post partum-y with every little milestone until my meds kick in but since I started them earlier this time I haven't. On the one hand yeah no tears and drama on the other I feel like because I wasn't hyper aware of every little milestone I missed out on something. Whacked out logic I know but it is what it is. So to celebrate my lack of tears and Bédryn's sixth week I would like to point out the milestones that have occurred thus far that I did notice and that made my heart catch but not break.
+ Nurses like a champ
+ Belches like a sailor
+ grew out of newborn diapers and clothes
+ Hates car rides with a passion
+ drank out of a bottle successfully during first at home alone with daddy
+ finally took a Binky for longer than a min
+ slept for a four hour stretch during the night
+ got his first little cold
+ had his first poopy blowout (and only so far)
+ sort of conquered his gassy tummy (thank you Gripe water!)
+ lost his umbilical cord
+ had his first shower - LOVED IT
+ mostly grew out of size one diapers but He still has to wear them cause I have like 5 packs left (he just gets changed more often)
+ finally starts cooing and will even smile now and then
+ slept in his crib for the whole of nap time
+ got his star blankie as a gift and took to it like an old friend
+ sat in his bumbo and loved it
+ shows preference to Kippi over brothers (made her year)
+ started giggling in his sleep (sigh and maybe a tear)
+ took his first non-screaming car ride (thank you Binky!)
+ was babysat by Aunt Eden for the first time
+ took his first nap with Smokey the crib thief
+ Loves tummy time
+ had first taste of ice cream (thanks daddy)
Saturday, February 19, 2011
This picture is of Kippi in her blessing outfit. Isn't is GORGEOUS?! My mother in law made it. She is pretty much a genius seamstress. This reminder of her so small just makes me kind of sad because in just a few short weeks she is going to get baptized! Can it be that she is already eight. Well yes and she has in fact been eight since December but she chose to wait to get baptized until March so that her Oma, Opa and Aunt Mar could come up from Wyoming and be here for both a baby blessing (Bey's) and a baptism. It has been a hard wait but it's almost over. Now I just need to find her a white dress for it.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
* I thought by now I would be back to a "normal" schedule when in fact my new "normal" is up all night sleep till noon.
* We made home made valentines this year and they rocked but I forgot to take pictures
* Rieken says I smell like sour milk... Well guess what that's what happens when you breastfeed and produce enough milk to feed a small village. It's called overflow, get used to it, I have.
*Kippi and Kelten have been screaming a lot lately at each other and anyone who ticks them off and I just don't have the energy to care until I have had enough and then I scream too. Awesome. Quality parenting going on round here.
* right now I have four boys sawing logs in my bed -Karl, Rieken ,Tiernen, and Bey. Thank heavens for California King beds!
*My wound is still open.. It stinks.. Literally and figuratively.
* Kelten woke up this morning and barfed all over and all I could say was, please tell me you made it to the toilet? again mornings, not my best parenting prime time right now.
*I filed our taxes.. they should come this week... too bad they will be gone by next.. BILLS SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF ME sometimes.
* I haven't taken a single picture since Bey turned three weeks and we are in his fifth week because I'm too lazy to charge the camera.
*My laundry is DONE (has been since I left for the hospital) all washed, folded and put away even the hanging clothes. This is HUGE!
* I love netflix Karl and I have been watching Lost from season One together. We never saw it when it was out. so far it is taking forever we are only 12 episodes in because Karl only has so much time to spend on TV with his wacky schedule so In the meantime I am watching bones from the start and i like it. I'm almost done with season two... Oh and did I mention Tiernen can watch Dora in my room so I can keep him close while I sleep until noon?. Oh yeah Netflix is a lifesaver.
* Karl got me a sewing machine for my birthday and it is still in the box three months later... I have great intentions and no motivation.
* I need to shave my legs ...you know it's too long when it hurts when you rub your legs in your blankets. Sheesh
* I kinda hate going anywhere in the car because Bey screams the whole time and by the time we get where we are going I am soaking wet. Seriously. I even leaked through my jacket before a DR. appointment last week. Guess what I couldn't bring myself to care that much. so my clothes are soaking wet and plastered to my body in the shape of my ginormous boobs I obviously have a new baby who is screaming at the top of his lungs put two and two together quit staring and give me a break!
* Today I ate fake sushi and I liked it I can't stop thinking about it actually.
* Tomm. I am going to do homework, clean the bathroom and possible mop the floors. after I crawl out of bed in time for lunch of course.
* Karl keeps talking in his sleep it is so funny. He totally talks about work all serious and stuff. Good thing he's not some spy or his secrets would be out!
* Kelten got glasses and he is so cute in them.He got gold frames because the cute lady who was helping him pick them out suggested they looked good with the gold highlights in his hair. Funny!
*Kippi keeps talking about the hot boys at school. I think that is trouble waiting to happen! Kelten thinks it's annoying
*Tiernen is officially potty trained even through the night. FINALLY!
so thats it our life in a nut shell right now
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Kippi is such a great helper . She loves to snuggle Bédryn and change his diapers. One day she is going to be a great mommy, she has such a great heart and she is so empathetic. Since Bédryn and I got home from the hospital she has helped so much around the house with chores and with the other kids as well. She reads to Rieken every night and she makes all the beds in the morning. Each child has chores they have to do but I rarely have to ask her to do them and if I do she does them happily. Kippi got invited to a friends house yesterday and when I picked her up the Mom told me how much her daughter looked up to Kippi and wanted to read all the time so she could read as well as Kippi could. I know Kippi is awesome but it was thrilling to hear that from another parent. It was a proud Mommy moment. We sure Love our Little Miss Momma.