Thursday, February 17, 2011

*** Keeping it Real ***

Niki at the hospital right before having Bey.Uh yup there was only one kid in there. It makes me think of Jon and Kate plus eight and when she had six babies in her belly.. Look how small my boobs look and how short my legs are! Today looking at this makes me feel grateful I'm not pregnant right now. It was hard at the end this time.



* I thought by now I would be back to a "normal" schedule when in fact my new "normal" is up all night sleep till noon.

* We made home made valentines this year and they rocked but I forgot to take pictures

* Rieken says I smell like sour milk... Well guess what that's what happens when you breastfeed and produce enough milk to feed a small village. It's called overflow, get used to it, I have.

*Kippi and Kelten have been screaming a lot lately at each other and anyone who ticks them off and I just don't have the energy to care until I have had enough and then I scream too. Awesome. Quality parenting going on round here.

* right now I have four boys sawing logs in my bed -Karl, Rieken ,Tiernen, and Bey. Thank heavens for California King beds!

*My wound is still open.. It stinks.. Literally and figuratively.

* Kelten woke up this morning and barfed all over and all I could say was, please tell me you made it to the toilet? again mornings, not my best parenting prime time right now.

*I filed our taxes.. they should come this week... too bad they will be gone by next.. BILLS SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF ME sometimes.

* I haven't taken a single picture since Bey turned three weeks and we are in his fifth week because I'm too lazy to charge the camera.

*My laundry is DONE (has been since I left for the hospital) all washed, folded and put away even the hanging clothes. This is HUGE!

* I love netflix Karl and I have been watching Lost from season One together. We never saw it when it was out. so far it is taking forever we are only 12 episodes in because Karl only has so much time to spend on TV with his wacky schedule so In the meantime I am watching bones from the start and i like it. I'm almost done with season two... Oh and did I mention Tiernen can watch Dora in my room so I can keep him close while I sleep until noon?. Oh yeah Netflix is a lifesaver.

* Karl got me a sewing machine for my birthday and it is still in the box three months later... I have great intentions and no motivation.

* I need to shave my legs ...you know it's too long when it hurts when you rub your legs in your blankets. Sheesh

* I kinda hate going anywhere in the car because Bey screams the whole time and by the time we get where we are going I am soaking wet. Seriously. I even leaked through my jacket before a DR. appointment last week. Guess what I couldn't bring myself to care that much. so my clothes are soaking wet and plastered to my body in the shape of my ginormous boobs I obviously have a new baby who is screaming at the top of his lungs put two and two together quit staring and give me a break!

* Today I ate fake sushi and I liked it I can't stop thinking about it actually.

* Tomm. I am going to do homework, clean the bathroom and possible mop the floors. after I crawl out of bed in time for lunch of course.

* Karl keeps talking in his sleep it is so funny. He totally talks about work all serious and stuff. Good thing he's not some spy or his secrets would be out!

* Kelten got glasses and he is so cute in them.He got gold frames because the cute lady who was helping him pick them out suggested they looked good with the gold highlights in his hair. Funny!
*Kippi keeps talking about the hot boys at school. I think that is trouble waiting to happen! Kelten thinks it's annoying

*Tiernen is officially potty trained even through the night. FINALLY!

so thats it our life in a nut shell right now
the end.

3 comments:

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

Oh, Niki. You are hilarious. I love that you keep it real. The part that had me laughing was "Quality parenting going on round here", because I feel the same way! You just get so tired and ready to be done and can't do anything about it until you SNAP! Hang in there, and I really hope that you heal soon. oh, Johnson and Johnson nursing pads are the best, short of putting half an overnight maxi pad on each boob.

Catherine said...

My favorite nursing pads were lanisinoh, i love the whole "put it together and stop staring!" and we love out California King bed too! my three year old has just had two nights in a row NOT in our bed, I finally told him and my husband that I am too fat (8 months prego) so one of them had to leave the bed, my husband chose the three year old! and quality parenting must be going around, I just make my kids eggo waffels for dinner! serious nutrition plus I am sure they will be hungry in a half hour! Lovely!

The Patriot Poster said...

Niki, I love you too much... :) No one else has your knack for life! You are a good mom, a good wife and a good friend and I have loved you from the first time I talked to you 10 1/2 years ago! And look, you have improved over the years because when I first met you, you hardly ever got laundry done and there were just 3 of you then! :) You forever crack me up and I miss getting to talk to you regularly, especially now that we're both moms... Keep it up, you're one of a kind! Carrie